SC - Re: Egg Yolks

Audrey Bergeron-Morin audreybmorin at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 27 18:44:59 PST 2001

> > 1 cup sugar
> > 1 1/2 cups flour
>
> Not to come over all high-handed or anything -- I'm sure there's a
> reason for everything you did -- but I note that the proportions you use
> appear not to agree with Markham's. At first glance it seems as if you
> halved the flour and sugar, and left everything else the same. Is this a
> bow to the elusive "modern palate" ;  ), or a typo, or just a method
> that worked for you?
>
> Adamantius (realizing Bear is probably a long way from his e-mail
> account by now)

Actually, I think it's a transcription error on my part.  I was weighing the
flour, sugar and nuts and measuring the results.  This should be about 3
cups of unsifted flour and about 1 1/2 cups of sugar.  I wrote the
information down and transferred it to a Word file, which is probably where
I introduced the error.

Since Markham was weighing things, I assumed equal weights rather than equal
volumes.

Takeoff is in about 12 hours and I'm taking a break from getting the last
little bits and pieces ready.

Bear