SC - need Irish recipes

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Feb 28 19:10:31 PST 2001

Gwendolen Lambert wrote:

> I have a question.  Why is it that when I had asked a question on an email
> list about finding a Samhain celebration, I got my arse flamed; yet, when
> someone talks about other religious holidays such as Lent, no one seems to
> mind?
>
> Just curious.

It might depend on the tone or intent of the question, the average level
of intelligence on the list in question, any of a number of factors. In
general, cooks are a comparatively tolerant bunch. Unless, of course,
you pronounce it Sam HANE, in which case you'll have to be summarily
killed. Let's not even get into BELL Tayne.

Seriously, though, in my time I've met about equal percentages in most
faiths of people whose degree of faith in Whatever is or is not
threatened by a simple discussion of beliefs other than their own.

Adamantius The Extremely Tolerant
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com