Skinny Cooks (was Re: Re: SC - Re: coronation menu (long))

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Thu Feb 1 19:04:09 PST 2001

In a message dated 2/1/2001 10:15:45 AM Eastern Standard Time,
ekoogler at chesapeake.net writes:

> Corwyn,
>  Just warn her to be careful.  I tried that diet several few years ago, and
> more
>  recently one very similar...another high-protein/low carb diet.  Phillip
and
>  both lost a lot of weight.  However, the minute we went up to the next
level,
>  we
>  started gaining...and now we weigh more than we did when we started!  This
>  happened with Atkins as well.  I have come to the general conclusion that
> the
>  only way to lose weight and keep it off is to eat sensibly and exercise,
> which is
>  what I'm trying now.

Having spoken with her and read a lot on the subject lately I can make the
following observations. She looks at this as a lifetime thing, to maintain
and improve her health. I don't think she'll ever go back to the old way of
eating, and whenever she introduces a new thing, she does it gradually and
watches the results.

Personally, I'm with you vis-a-vie the eating sensibly and exercising, and
frankly, I think Deirdre is too. I just think a sensible diet is a matter of
individual body chemistry as much as anything else. We're now experimenting
as to what "sensible" is.

Corwyn