Skinny Cooks (was Re: Re: SC - Re: coronation menu (long))

margali margali at 99main.com
Fri Feb 2 08:14:08 PST 2001

I do the low carb thing, and  I manage 10 servings of veggies a day. i
choose them by comparing the carb count to the fiber count, with a goal
of keeping under 50 to 65 gr carb a day and getting an intake of at
least 30 gr fiber per day [that being what my Dr. wants me to do] and i
have no problem with it at all. I do 5 small meals that are essentially
1 3-5 oz portion of meat [or egs or tofu or fish] and 2 servings of
veggies. I will on occasion make muffins using low carb baking mix and
boosting the fiber content by adding ground flax seed, and thicken
liquids with psyllium or other natural fibers. To give you a bit of a
hint, in 2 years I have gone from 315 lbs to 230, and never gained back
any weight, my blood glucose has stabilized and my cholesterol is better
than my marathon running doctor.
margali

- --

MarilynTraber at FictionForest.com
HTTP://WWW.FictionForest.com
The Quote Starts Here:
Erp - splutter!  I find it very distressing to think of anyone on a diet

plan which doesn't include lots and lots of fresh fruit and vegies.
These
contain so many things which are needful for health.