SC - Iron Chef! OOP - OT

mike young uther at lcc.net
Sun Feb 4 09:00:52 PST 2001

I can't begin to tell you all the fun we had with this... It was Meadbhb and
Clarissa's idea because they love the show so much...the Baron joined in as
the man in charge and even had his bell pepper to bite as he introduced us:)
We each came in with healdry, banners, and much pomp...I brought the
cow(stuffed)I was to kill for one of my recipes.
The way the competition worked was they took applications for those wanting
to participate and picked one...I felt very lucky to have been chosen.
Then I had to decide which Iron Chef I wanted to compete against...this was
done in advance.  We were also told our secret ingrediant in advance so that
we could prepare.  All the recipes were period but there was room for
creativity...for example, I made hedgehogs(part of my opponents arms) using
eggs in the sausage mixture.
We were given an hour and a half instead of an hour because of the primitive
cooking set-up...we were outside so we had propane burners...no stoves.
Along with the hedgehogs, I did hen in bokenade and Creme Boylede from The
Miscelleny, beef bukenade from Take a Thousand Eggs, squash in broth from
Pleyn Delit and stuffed eggs from The Medieval Kitchen.
There was quite a crowd that actually stayed the entire hour and a half, but
that was because our two announces were fabulous.  They were Mistress
Meadbhb's good Lord and another gentleman who's name escapes me.  Perhaps if
Meadbhb is still on the list she can help me here.  Our judges were Thier
Majesties, Sir Kief, the Baron/Baroness Bryn Gwylad and another gentleman
whom I did not know.
Meadbhb won, and it was well deserved.  Her food was wonderful, her
presentation beautiful.  They do hope to make this a tradition for
Candlemas.
I recommend it highly:)  Wish you had been there Gunthar.  I only had a week
from the time  I found out I had been chosen until the event and I spent it
frantically searching for and trying recipes...I wanted them all to be new
to me...I didn't do anything I had done for the public before.
gwyneth

> mike young wrote:
>
> > Mistress Meadbhb and I are doing an Iron Chef competion this weekend at
Bryn