SC - German translation

Debra Hense DHense at ifmc.org
Thu Feb 15 06:52:11 PST 2001

Gwen Cat and Thomas thank you for your help.  Now I have a few more questions about this recipe... :-)

So would you say the title of the recipe which is:

Gantz Fo:erdertheil  schwartz eyngemacht mit Zwibeln.

Translates to:

Whole Black Rabbit prepared with onions
or
Rabbit  prepared with black onions

And does Gantz which I have translated as whole - refer to internal organs also? or just the whole front end?

The following phrases which I have translated as:

nimn Wasser vnnd Essig/  Take water and vinegar
wasch auß dem Schweiß/  Wash well in blood
seig jhn widerumb darauff/ pour in boiling broth thereof

Does not make sense to me.  What am I not understanding/missing? Should   -well in-  be   -off the-   instead?

Kateryn