SC - Queen's Teas? Period terms?

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Fri Feb 23 17:27:01 PST 2001

I wrote:

>>If nobody in a kingdom is willing to tell royalty when they are
>>wrong, the kingdom is in serious trouble.

Gunthar responded:

>I totally agree. Especially considering the "discussion" my King and
>I had at Estrella last week. And we still parted as better friends
>than we began.

During the Board Troubles, I very publicly and strongly disagreed
with the position my sovereigns took. At one point His Majesty wrote
asking me what I thought of the events at Estrella, and I replied
that I was happy with the actions of almost all the sovereigns except
my own. Our correspondence remained cordial; he was a gentleman.

Some while later I had a less cordial exchange with another sovereign
whose views I disagreed with--one of the things that made me less
unhappy than I might have been when, for mundane reasons, I moved out
of the kingdom.

Of course, it is easier to argue with a king if you are a duke. But I
don't think it is or should be impossible for other people.
- --
David/Cariadoc
http://www.daviddfriedman.com/