SC - earth quake

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 28 12:51:01 PST 2001

- --- Jane M & Bj Tremaine <vikinglord at worldnet.att.net>
wrote:
> I have been watching the local ABC news and there
> has been a 6.4 earth quake
> just out side of Seattle WA., in the Tacoma area.
> All reports of damage I
> saw were of Seattle.
>
> The experts say this is a deep earth quake of about
> 30 feet so they are not
> expecting any further after shocks.  From what they
> said on the news this
> only happens when there is a shallow quake.
>
> I am sure we will all be thinking of our friends and
> family in the area.
>
> At this time it is impossible to reach the area,
> according to the news
> reports all lines are tied up.
>
> Jane Tremaine
> Jana Aoibeall
> Jellanna

Both Reuters and CNN say it was a 7.0, confirmed by
the Univ. of Washington and the USGS in Golden
Colorado.  They say it was felt from Alaska down thru
Portland Oregon and as far east as Salt Lake City, Ut.
 The epicenter was 11 miles northeast of Olympia and
30 miles southwest of Seattle.  Damage reports have
come from Seattle and Vancouver, BC.

Let us all have a moment of prayer for all our friends
and family in that area and hope that all that was
shook-up was their nerves.

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.