SC - OOP - Eggplant

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Wed Feb 28 23:55:58 PST 2001

> 2 oz shiro miso (white miso paste)<

What is miso, and what is in it?  This may be OOP, but eggplant recipes
begin to appear in Andalusia and Catalania, from the books we have,
gradually making their way into Italy via Naples, it seems.  Much
grilling was done as a cooking method--especially, I would think, for
traveling meals or farmers' meals, so  knowing some good techniques might
be a good thing to practice as grilling season is almost upon us.  We've
had some great Spanish recipes translated, recently, and could make the
interpolation of Spanish flavorings rather than Japanese.

Regards,

Allison

allilyn at juno.com