SC - Drat!

kurt radford ktradford at cyberport.com
Tue Jan 2 17:16:23 PST 2001

> Hi all, does anyone know what the current SCA rules are for serving
alcohol
> at SCA feasts?  I heard rumors for a while that it was banned, but paid no
> attention since we always end up at dry sites here.  This year however our
> Baronial Banquet is actually at a wet site, so I need to know what I can &
> can't do.  I have a barony full of brewers I could tap to provide
beverages
> if it's not against the rules.
> Eden

I suspect this is a geographical thing Eden. As well, I would hazard a guess
and say that it also depends on the licensing available for the site. I dont
think there is a current scadian policy on "serving" it with feast. I have
occasionally however heard rumblings about the BOD raising this issue and
taking a look at it.

Here in Ealdormere events with alcohol served is almost de rigour and it is
very rare to see a "dry" site unless of course it is a collegium or
Practicum of sorts. Our Cantons annual event this year (Feast of the Hare)
saw an open bar where all the libation was donated by one local brewer. One
wonders what my good friend Halfdan was thinking when he brewed beer and
mead for a 300 person event. Good thing tho...he brought the leftovers over
to my Party the other night!

Im sure there are some writings somewhere though, I myself am not familiar
with them either however.

Micaylah

I dont think though that sca funds are "allowed" to purchase alcohol, but I
may be wrong here.