SC - 7-Layer Dip

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 3 12:22:56 PST 2001

Stefan li Rous wrote:

> Selene said:
> > In other gifties, I got PLEYN DELIGHT
> > and Clarissa Dickson Wright's little book on the Haggis.  The more of
> > her stuff
> > I read, the more I wish we had her in the SCA, I know there are SCA
> > people in
> > the UK.
>
> I;ve not heard of this book (or author) before. More details please.
> Does she give any documentably period recipes for haggis? For that
> matter, I'm sure any documentably period Scottish recipes at all would
> be of interest to many.

"The Haggis : A Little History" by Clarissa Dickson Wright, Not really helpful
for official documentation but lots of fun, it's just a wee trinket of a
booklet, a four-inch square hardcover, you know the type.  She does trace the
history of haggis, both etymologically and gastronomically, back through SCA
period and long before.  The details and ordering information are on Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1565543645/ref=cm_mp_wl/105-4876789-9255153?colid=3CH33WX3IDH3Q

Selene