SC - Would you like 14 Metric Tons of Long Pepper?

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Jan 4 04:36:40 PST 2001

Shu'la said:
> On the topic of avocados, there is a restaurant here in Austin that serves
> a dish called "Stuffed Avocado" (Trudy's North Star, for anyone in the
> area).  It is an avocado halved (peeled, too), then filled with shredded
> chicken, battered, and deep fried.  It is absolutely heavenly...the avocado
> looses none of its texture or flavor in the deep frying.  I can't figure
> out exactly how they do it, or how I might replicate it at home.  Any ideas?

Thanks Shu'la. I've passed this on to my wife, who does like avocados and
guacamole.

I like Trudy's. Folks, this is an Austin chain of four resturants that
sell a mix of Tex-Mex, Mexican and Austin variations of these. I've been
going to them since they started almost 20 years ago. They seem to have
gotten more popular. Maybe too popular :-(. We tried to go there the last
two Saturday nights, but decided we didn't want to wait an hour to an
hour and a half to get a table and settled on Chili's next door instead.

There are very few resturants in Austin which take reservations, but I
may just have to see if Trudy's does.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net