SC - Re: DRAT!

Vincent Cuenca bootkiller at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 4 16:46:13 PST 2001

> Only half wrong. They can be used to purchase alcohol used for cooking
> purposes.
>
> Ras

It depends on the kingdom. Here in Ansteorra you cannot use SCA
funds to purchase any type of alcohol, even for cooking. I tried to get
this changed as King but to no avail. The basic knee-jerk fear was
that some group could buy a keg or something and have a party on
SCA funds by claiming it was part of the feast. Although I consider
punishing the many by omission instead of the guilty pretty stupid
the fact remains that no alcohol may be purchased by SCA funds
in Ansteorra. So it is a rare thing for alcohol to be served at feasts.
I do remember that at our shire championship we would have a keg
of shire-brewed mead available to all adult diners but that is an
extreme rarity.

So anytime I wanted to use alcohol in cooking I had to pay for it
myself. The four bottles of good brandy I used for one Coronation
feast was a bit expensive.

Yers,

Gunthar