Saumon Gentil (was: SC - Re: SC- Turkish Food)

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Jan 10 04:29:57 PST 2001

Recently Cairistiona posted:
> As far as I can work out, there are at least 10 recipes for caudle
> (chaudeau, candeel, wijnsuypen) in easily accessible period works - and not
> all of them need alcohol! - so won't give that recipe, but you may enjoy
> this one for almond butter:

<snip of caudle recipe>

There is a bit more on caudles in this file in the BEVERAGE section of
my Florilegium:
caudles-art       (12K) 11/21/97    A medieval drink of warm wine or
beer
                                       thickened with eggs by Tibor.

I'm not sure that I would go for this for breakfast, but since we do
have records of them having beer for breakfast, perhaps a drink of
beer and eggs would not be unlikely.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net