SC - Cheesecake judging Laurels

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Jan 10 23:40:00 PST 2001

Olwen commented:
> Actually, if you don't mind the females (mixed sizes) they can be fairly
> inexpensive - usually 3 dozen for anywhere between $8 & $12.  I have sent
> them on a plane to Florida before in a thick styrofoam box and lots of ice.
> They stayed good for a couple of days like that.

What a paragraph taken out of context. :-) What was that other thread,
something about Britney Spears?

> This year I'm hoping to go to Pennsic for all or most of two weeks.  If
> anyone is up there and perhaps interested when I go, we may just have a crab
> feast...anybody got corn???  How about beer?

The fresh corn around Pennsic can be quite good. Although definitely
non-period, I like to have some while I'm up there. And there usually
seems to be plenty of beer around Pennsic.

I've had crab on a vacation in Florida years and years ago. I remember
it very much being like my disecting class in high school. But I'd be
interested in trying it again. Or do you just eat the claws and not
dig through all the various bits and pieces in the body? Pieces is
pieces? I don't think so.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net