SC - Children of the Corn

Mark S. Harris stefan at texas.net
Sun Jan 14 21:15:12 PST 2001

Molli Rose said:
> Not to be mistaken for cooking children...

Ummm, yes. I had to be careful of this when naming some of my files
on this subject.

> I'm back on the list and have a few new questions.  Currently I'm the editor
> of "Penfeathers" the Meridian Page School Newsletter. In the Spring issue we
> had an article "Medieval Snack Food" which featured pretzels - a brief
> history, recipe and cooking instructions.  It was a hit!  The newsletter is
> geared to a wide age base. It's also read by parents and a few mundane
> teachers.

If you can send me a copy of this pretzel article I'd like to look at it.
the only period pretzel recipes I've seen so far were posted to this list,
and I think they were for sweet pretzels. Also, I might want to consider
this article for the Florilegium, so if you have any contact info for
the author(s) I appreciate that, too.

> Please, if you can think of anything else that might fall into that
> category I would appreciate it. I give very nice bylines and send
> complimentary copies out to contributors.

While I don't know if I have any articles specifically oriented
towards kids cooking, these two files in the CHILDREN section might
be of interest:
chd-ck-clsses-msg (12K)  1/ 3/01    Children's cooking classes.
p-cook-child-msg  (13K)  6/ 8/00    Period cooking for children.
- --
THL Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad    Kingdom of Ansteorra
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net