SC - non-member submission - Re: digby's fruitcake

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Jan 16 08:48:49 PST 2001

Hey all from Anne-Marie
Eleanor sez:
At 11:06 PM 1/15/01 -0800, you wrote:
>Stockings!  Do you have a good resource for information on making stockings?

I personally have a pattern a dressmaker friend drafted for me. You can
find mens 14th century hose patterns on the web and hack 'em off at the
knee...that's what mine are! :) one example of such a site is
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/MelanieWilson/hose.htm (there are
several others out there)

its a nice way to use up scraps of linen and wool....just be sure to put
the leg part on the bias. its the only way to make it work.

all for period accessories...:)

- --AM