SC - What's the oldest thing in your fringe

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 16 09:05:27 PST 2001

Olwen the Odd wrote:

> Coat them??  What would you coat them with?  Why?

Many people feel, evidently you excepted, that having the crabmeat come
in actual contact with a hot pan is detrimental to the texture. Most of
the crabcakes I've seen have been coated at least with seasoned flour.
Of course, I haven't taken a poll among Chesapeake Bay area residents.
What I've been exposed to, though, in the area, included ones coated
with breadcrumbs (bleah) cracker crumbs (better) and with seasoned flour (best).

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com