SC - Aussie BBQ?

Lee-Gwen piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au
Tue Jan 16 23:54:55 PST 2001

Drake said:
> A lovely evening organised by my darling wife, meliora.  An Aussie BBQ with
> lots of snags, kebabs, salads and beer (grolsh and hahn, none of that Foster's
> crud...).  The highlights being my wonderful friends and family around me and
> the marinated baby octopus on the BBQ.  Yum!

What's a "snag"? Over here that would imply a problem of some sort,
but you seem to be using it as if it was a food item.

So what is an Aussie BBQ and how does it differ from another BBQ? Do
Austrailan BBQs grill kangaroo instead of pork or beef? :-)  We;ve
talked/argued here a bit about the differances between BBQ meat in
Texas vs. Georgia vs. Kansas City or wherever. There can be quite a
differance between these and they are comparatively close together
compared to any of them and Austraila. Here though I think it is
more how the meat is cooked and what it is that differs rather than
the event itself.

So, is Austrailan BBQ done mostly as kebabs? I will admit you don't
see marinated baby octopus on too many Texas BBQ grills. Sounds like
it might be delicious though.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net