SC - Aussie BBQ?

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Jan 17 00:13:47 PST 2001

Olaf said:
>     The best way I know of to sample as many diffrent varietes of crab cakes
> in MD is to go to the in water boat show at Annapolis (there are 2 sessions
> Motor & Sail at diffrent times).  The local churches & comunity groups put
> booths up around the peremiter of the docks & sell crab cakes & chowder over
> the fences.  The food is great, reasonably priced & widly diffrent from
> booth to booth.

Oh, Wow! That sounds wonderful and a great way to try a variety of crab
cakes and other items. The clam chowder sounds wonderful too. Most of
what I've had has come out of a can. Are the chowders in your area those
based on cream(?)(New England?) or those based on tomatos (Manhatten?).
I prefer the former, but I've had one of the later that was ok.

When is this boat show held? Maybe we could make a trip to Washington DC
some day and do that as a sidetrip.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net