SC - OT - Drake's Aussie BBQ

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 18 07:42:49 PST 2001

Hmm.....I don't remember the bottle saying that it was diluted, and I dont have it in front of me to check.

I got it from the King Arthur baking site, and it looks like it was imported from Lebanon.

I'll check when I get home. Thanks for the warning! I was going to use it as the recipes direct. I didnt know that the concentrations varied, so if it was too strong, I would have just thought that was the way it was suppose to be, and that I didnt care for it. I havent opened the bottle yet, but the rose aroma from the cap area is fairly strong. If this is diluted, I cant imagine the stuff that isnt!

I was also considering using it in a mead. It sounds like a nice combination.

Ilia

In a message dated Thu, 18 Jan 2001  1:05:55 AM Eastern Standard Time, James Prescott <prescotj at telusplanet.net> writes:

>Rose water comes in various concentrations.

>In that size it is probably diluted, but do make sure.

>There is nothing makes a dish more 'interesting' than >to use
>50-to-1 rose water concentrate directly in a recipe as >if it
>were the fully diluted stuff.

>Been there, tasted that.

- --
All my best,