SC - Almond butter?

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Fri Jan 19 09:03:34 PST 2001

Hi Mairin!  You can make that kale soup anytime, yum.

My first feast, hmm.  The first event I attended was the Feast of Fools
in Lyondemere in 1980, and of course I worked in the kitchen under
Giesele-Hildegard.  Quite the learning experience.  "What's baklava?"

My first feast as head cook was one year later, the next Feast of
Fools.  I don't remember the courses precisely, but I found my budget
short and I wanted one more course.  Mistress Joan of Crawfordsmuir
chirped up with "That's okay, I'll buy the legs of lamb" won my
friendship forever.  The baron was ill and couldn't make it, so I had to
throw [not quite bodily!] the baroness out of the kitchen and into the
head table, she very nearly refused to go.  Other presentations included
the egg roll [no food served, the cook rolled a hen's egg across the
room] and custom-messaged fortune cookies [we took pre-made fortune
cookies, steamed them open and substituted our own silliness
hand-written on slips of paper].

Selene