SC - rybbes

Ginny Claphan mizginny at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 19 10:43:52 PST 2001

Hi, folks.
I've been asked to bid my first feast for April.  I have experience in quantity
cooking, but am unsure about how to present the "removes."  I have a copy of
"Take 1000 eggs" and I can borrow Pleyn Delit from my college library.

Using the recipes from these two sources, can you help me set up a menu for my
first feast?

There are some assumptions I'd like to work with. The sponsoring group is
attempting to find/use a site I am unfamiliar with, so until I know more, I'd
like to work out two menus.  One using a more primitive site, and one using a
cafeteria type kitchen.

Other assumptions:

General:
Feeding 200 people
No set theme - yet
Try to keep to approx $5 per person.

For primitive:
     I own a large wood smoker, a big gas grill and a turkey fryer setup.  I can
 haul this equipment to site.  I also have two 2-burner propane stoves and
plenty of large pots & pans.  I'd need to be able to do much prep in advance,
and transport in coolers, etc.

Cafeteria:
     The site we usually use has two cookstoves, ovens, plenty of prep surface,
etc.  Two refrigerators a freezer and an ice machine.

Over the weekend, I'm going to put together two menus.  I'll probably post them
Sometime on Sunday.  Thanks in Advance for all your help! If it weren't for this
group, I probably wouldn't ever get the courage to try.
Lady Liadnan (Leanna)