SC - Re: Roulade-ents

Luanne Cupp Bartholomew luanne at bartholomew.com
Tue Jan 23 21:20:47 PST 2001

WALKYS IN BRUETTE
Take walkys an sethe in ale, then pyke clene; than wasshem
in water an salt be hem-self, & fyrst wyth ale & salt, an do
so whele they ben slepyr; then putte hem in vynegre, an ley
perceli a-boue, an serue ynne.
from A Fifteenth Century Cookry Boke
Sauce Gingyuer
Take white brede, stepe it with vynegre, and draw it 2 or