SC - Re: First feasts-long

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 24 11:42:23 PST 2001

stipulation about the feast was no
>damned cheap cheese chunks,
>
>Obviously your autocrat hasn't priced cheese lately. :-) A perfect example
>of
>leaving the  menu/purchase descision in the hands of the Kitchen Steward,
>IMO.
>
>BTW, if he/she really does have access to 'cheap' cheese, I would love to
>know the source.......
>
>Ras

the standard for cheese to be cubed and placed on the table with grocery
store 'french' bread to spoil appetites is the cement block sized mild
cheddar from the warehouse superstore.  This is what she did not want served
because 1) it is boring and she felt the $20 to $30 could be spent more
interestingly and 2) she knew that opening feast with a pile o'cheese closes
the stomach and could be dangerous to the health of the feasters ;-)

Other than that one request, she interfered not at all, leaving me almost
too much on my own.  She had no problem paying for the fresh goat cheese
that was properly served at the end of the meal.   And if the brie and cream
version of savory toasted cheese were on the menu, she would have probably
dug money out of her own pocket if necessary!

Lady Bonne