SC - Marzipan

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Wed Jan 24 22:20:52 PST 2001

Christianna said:
> > Was this the Ivanhoe with Liz taylor playing the
> > jewish girl?(I cant remmber her name) I saw it for the
> > first time too, and I thought it was pretty well done
> > for the time it was made as well. I didn't see the
> > story you mentioned tho, thanks for sharing.
> > Nisha
>
> Yep, Liz plays the Jewess Rebecca, in one of her more memorable roles.
> The movie was very entertaining, and the jousting scenes were very well
> done.  All in all, I'm sorry it has taken me so long to catch it.

For those who like movies that are based on various period stories
but are unsure which versions are good and which are bad or where
individual movies fall down in accuracy and which are good, take a
look at this file in the UNCATALOGUED section of my files:
movies-msg        (84K)  5/23/00    Reviews of medieval and ren. movies.

There is also a very nice set of pamplets of such movie reviews put
out by "Da'ud Bob" in the Barony of the Steppes, Ansteorra. These
were taken from an ongoing column in the Steppe's Letter, the newsletter
for that barony.

Since he is selling those at pretty close to his cost, I've been
hoping to get him to let me put them into the Florilegium, but so
far, no such luck. Unfortunately, I don't have any information on
how to get these pamphlets at hand, either. Gunthar? or someone
else in the north Texas area know?

- --
THL Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad    Kingdom of Ansteorra
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net