SC - Re: Alcohol in Food

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Jan 25 20:04:03 PST 2001

> The problem is We don't know any real good recipes to use.  Does
> anyone have any ideas on what might be a good idea to serve?

I dont know how period some of these are but there all traditional scotish
fare.

mussel brose - mussel and oatmeal soup
trout fried in oatmeal (can also use herring)
tattie scones
cranichan - oatmeal cream and raspery puding
shortbread (otherwise known as petticoat tails)
scotch eggs - eggs rapped in sausaghe meat
cock-a-leekie
butteries - aberdeen butter rolls
scots broth
roast venison
black bun - fruit cake
quenelles - c 1186 meat / fish / anything dumpling
haggis - if you can get a lambs stomach I have a recipe although it is from
c1850
pickeled herring
porridge
stovies - yumy but made mostly from potato
galantine of venison or pork
drop scones
oat cakes
clootie dumpling - yummy fruit dumpling

I have recipes and plenty more if your interested
ops and  I just realise ive put tattie scones and thats potato aswell.
hope this is some help.

Kirsty