SC - Myths -- Taillevent

James Prescott prescotj at telusplanet.net
Thu Jan 25 23:37:37 PST 2001

hey all from Anne-Marie
"Th" says in response to my question about translations of Das Boke (:))

At 11:35 PM 1/25/01 +0100, you wrote:
><< Are you saying you have a more accurate translation than hers? in
>which case, I'd love to get my hands on a copy? >>
>
>Melitta Weiss Adamson (ed.):
>Daz buoch von guoter spise (The Book of Good Food). A Study, Edition,
>and English Translation of the Oldest German Cookbook. Krems 2000.
>(Medium Aevum quotidianum, Sonderband IX)
>ISBN: 3-90 1094 12 1
>Price: Austrian Shillings 150,-- plus shipping
>Contact the publisher: imareal at oeaw.ac.at
>
>We had a thread on both 'ruzzige cakes' and translations of the 'Buch
>von guter Speise' in October 2000 on this list. I don't think I should
>(and for the moment I don't have the time to) repeat things.
>
>Th.

forgive me for imposing, but I didnt read the list much in October as I was
in Europe. Was the discussion archived anywhere? would anyone with more
time care to summarize for me (off line, of course, so as not to bore others)?

many thanks,
- --AM