SC - OT: Weird Dream

Quicksilver Solas_Sidhe at bigpond.com
Sun Jan 28 02:59:54 PST 2001

Adamantius said:
> margali wrote:
> > This also answeres that 'is roux period' thread we had a while back!
> > margali
>
> Actually, recognizable roux appears in Sabina Welserin almost exactly a
> century earlier...

I don't remember the argument being whether roux was period, but
rather, whether is was a medieval food item. As many here have
pointed out "period" and "medieval" are not necessarily synonymous.

For some of the previous discussions on roux (rouxes?) see this
file in the FOOD-CONDIMENTS section of my files:
gravy-msg          (8K)  9/ 1/00    Period gravy. Renaissance, not medieval.
- --
THL Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad    Kingdom of Ansteorra
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net