Pierogies vs pirozhki (was Re: SC - Northkeep's Winterkingdom)

Jane Boyko jboyko at magma.ca
Sun Jan 28 07:12:36 PST 2001

>I have never cooked a feast, although I have worked as a scullery maid and
>general wash-it/chop-it person.  Last night I dreamed I cooked my first
>feast for some 150 people.  Apparantly I was the only cook with only a few
>helpers.  I had some strong suspicions that I/we weren't making enough sauce
>(looked, in retrospect, to be about 4 cups) to serve all the folk but the
>chicken was broiling/baking okay.  A strange person appeared in the kitchen
>and I said "Hello, Adamantius".  And, it turned out to be Adamantius.
>Weird, because I have never met the gentleman.   This is the first
>"frustration-mare" I have had about cooking in my mumblety-mumble years of
>cooking for family and self.  I have had frequent frustrationmares about
>teaching, however.  (A frustrationmare is like a nightmare only not scary,
>just frustrating to the "nth" degree.  Anyone else dream weird stuff about
>cooking?

I've had plenty of cooking related cooking things, although I have to
admit Adamantius has never featured heavily in them (No offence to
Adamantius.  I'm sure you're a wonderful guy to have appear in
dreams......=).  However I have to admit to having various names from
this list appear sometimes.  Ras, Gunthar and Stefan have made guest
appearances from time to time and I've never met any of those good
gentles.....hmmmmmmmmmmm stay out of my dreams guys!  =)

- -Min