SC - Brag

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Tue Jan 30 20:32:21 PST 2001

Back at the end of December, Jenne Heise wrote:

>Now, how about some suggestions for period foods that modern eaters would
>percieve as 'breakfast' foods? I've tried the Orange Omelette and didn't
>find it palatable, but I'm definitely looking at Hanoney (eggs with
>onions, what's not to like?), Carbonara, rice pudding, and plum mousse.
>And of course bread. Other suggestions?

People suggested various dishes, but I don't think anyone suggested
sawgeat (English 15th c.), which is eggs, sage, and sausage cooked
together. Also, Brighid posted here a while back a Spanish recipe for
stuffed tortillon: bread rolled with cinnamon sugar and dried fruit,
very good; I think I posted my worked-up version too. Recipes for
both are in the Miscellany (the tortillon is in only the most recent
edition or two), or I can post them again if you would like.

Elizabeth of Dendermonde/Betty Cook (only a month behind on the list now!)