SC - Newcomer

Tudorcook tudorcook at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jan 31 00:22:37 PST 2001

Liadnan said:
> Since we're talking peas & beans again... I found brown fava beans at the local
> market that caters to Middle-Eastern Students.  Are these the same/similar beans
> we're talking about? They resemble a medium sized lima bean, only they're sort
> of tan colored instead of cream.  If so, please remind me where those darned
> bean recipes are again. Thanks,

I can't answer your question about the brown lima bean, but if "those
darned bean recipes" were given on this list, I'd look in these files
in the FOOD-VEGETABLES section of the Florilegium:
beans-msg        (119K)  6/ 9/00    Medieval, old-world beans. Recipes.
peas-msg          (57K)  1/ 5/00    Period peas. Pea broth. Recipes.
 (I'd look in both. Sometimes it is real difficult determining where
a message best fits)
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net