SC - Newcomer

Tudorcook tudorcook at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jan 31 00:29:40 PST 2001

- --- "Decker, Terry D." <TerryD at Health.State.OK.US>
wrote: > Protein structures?  With an eye to gene
splicing,
> perchance?
>
> Bear

Bear
Proteomics is really the study of the protein
population of a cell or organism under a certain
condition.  So I'm am not persay looking at the
structure of the protein but what proteins are
present.  Looking at the genome sequence doesn't
actually tell you that much without studying the
proteins along side, and that is what I do.  So often
it enables you to match a protein with its
theorectical sequence taken from the genome - make
sense?

In answer to your other question yes I can do gene
spicing, but I'm not doing it at the moment, and have
in my time done some pretty horific things to bacteria
and viruses!

=====
Elizabeth