SC - Would you like 14 Metric Tons of Long Pepper?

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Jan 3 00:29:40 PST 2001

Being somewhat connected with a website of wide-ranging and sometimes
rather
unusual items, I get quite a lot of SPAM/Junk mail, especially from
exporters
who don't seem to look at the sites they are mailing to. This one was a
bit
more germane than many But since the idea of me ordering 14 tons of Long
Pepper
is rather funny, I thought I'd post this. I suspect that it would take
even Ras
awhile to go through that much. But think what you could do with a
single 14
ton container load of Long Pepper in Europe in the Middle Ages...

Stefan

> Sir,
>
> We read today your message reg. Long Pepper as hard to find Spices posted in
>
> Stefan's Florilegium
>
> merch-spices-msg
>
> http://www.florilegium.org/files/PLANTS/merch-spices-msg.html
>
> We are a direct Indonesian exporter and medieval spices cleaner/bulk supplier of Javanese Long Pepper (botanical name: Piper retrofractum Vahl.) origin: Temanggung regency,
> Central Java and Java Tailed Pepper / Cubebs (botanical name: Piper cubeba L.) origin: Madura island, East Java
> Both products are available in whole, well-dried and clean form.
> We export full container loads (1x20'=14MT)  to India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Middle-East countries like UAE and Saudi Arabia.
>
> What can we do for you?  For those medieval spices retailers/dealers/wholesalers,  I suppose we can ship on basis cash advance tt for  a smaller consignment of tonnes, hundreds
> of kilos or less by TNT courier with invoice amount net + shipping/transport cost prepaid.
>
> We welcome any import enquiries...
> Regards
>
> Edwin Thebez
> ethebez at telkom.net