SC - European teaspoons

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Jan 3 21:06:23 PST 2001

LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 1/2/01 10:38:50 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> Seton1355 at aol.com writes:
>
> << place settings, and one of my daughters bought teaspoons.  It's a
>   European
>   style set- >>
>
> Are you sure these are not dessert spoons? Dessert spoons are a little
> smaller than regular teaspoons but larger than demitasse spoons. Sounds like
> it to me.
>
> Ras

It was my understanding that the UK volume unit known as the
dessertspoon was the equivalent of two U.S. teaspoons... whether that
applies to eating utensils as well as culinary measures I don't know. My
guess would be that the spoons referenced might be simply tea or
coffeespoons, which, not being specifically for measuring, can probably
vary somewhat. It may also be that if their circumference is slightly
smaller, they could be just marginally deeper and still have the same
internal volume. Or I could just be remembering my UK meaures incorrectly.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com