SC - European teaspoons

HICKS, MELISSA HICKS_M at casa.gov.au
Wed Jan 3 21:15:28 PST 2001

Just to confuse the issue,  UK and Australian measurements have 4 teaspoons
equaling one Tablespoon, where US measuring sets only have three.

So is the UK/Australian teaspoon smaller than a US teaspoon, or is it the
tablespoons that are out?

Regards
Melissa (from Australia).

> It was my understanding that the UK volume unit known as the
> dessertspoon was the equivalent of two U.S. teaspoons... whether that
> applies to eating utensils as well as culinary measures I don't know. My
> guess would be that the spoons referenced might be simply tea or
> coffeespoons, which, not being specifically for measuring, can probably
> vary somewhat. It may also be that if their circumference is slightly
> smaller, they could be just marginally deeper and still have the same
> internal volume. Or I could just be remembering my UK meaures incorrectly.
>
> Adamantius

This email message and any accompanying attachments may contain information
that is confidential and intended only for the use of the addressee named
above.  It may also be privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient do
not read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy or take any action in
reliance on it.  If you have received this message in error please notify
the sender immediately and delete this message.  Before opening any
attachments, check them for viruses or defects.