SC - stuffed avocados

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 8 19:15:09 PST 2001

- --- "Sara K. Tallarovic" <electricfish at earthlink.net>
wrote:
> On the topic of avocados, there is a restaurant here
> in Austin that serves
> a dish called "Stuffed Avocado" (Trudy's North Star,
> for anyone in the
> area).  It is an avocado halved (peeled, too), then
> filled with shredded
> chicken, battered, and deep fried.  It is absolutely
> heavenly...the avocado
> looses none of its texture or flavor in the deep
> frying.  I can't figure
> out exactly how they do it, or how I might replicate
> it at home.  Any ideas?
>
> -Shu'la

If you could give me the address of the restaurant, I
will write a letter to a column in the LA Times called
"Culinary SOS" to which people write letters asking
for recipes from restaurants and stuff like that.
Since avocado is a very California thing, there is a
good likelyhood that I could get a response from the
column.

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.