SC - re-hash of my breakfast notes plus recipe

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Jan 10 04:41:28 PST 2001

Stefan li Rous wrote:

> There is a bit more on caudles in this file in the BEVERAGE section of
> my Florilegium:
> caudles-art       (12K) 11/21/97    A medieval drink of warm wine or
> beer
>                                        thickened with eggs by Tibor.
>
> I'm not sure that I would go for this for breakfast, but since we do
> have records of them having beer for breakfast, perhaps a drink of
> beer and eggs would not be unlikely.

Here, Stefan, let me help...

Pretend you're at some kind of ski resort, and you've been out skiing
with, say, Isabella Rosellini since 8 AM Sunday morning. You've just
come in for brunch at 11:30... Baron Tibor is standing there, in front
of the fireplace, cheerfully arguing with Seumas and 'Lainie about
heraldry. He hands you a mug of something hot. It is caudle.

Now. I have only one question.

Does it suck?

Q.E.D.

Adamantius