[Sca-cooks] period date info?

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 6 14:06:11 PDT 2001

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]

> > You will likely find that the King James be literarily valuable, but lacks
>any usefulness whatsoever as a research tool. There are many better
>versions to use. I recommend one of the commentary versions that include
>historical and cultural reference along with the translated texts. Use KJV
>for serious research only as a last resort . . . . as it was not written by
>scholars necessarily as scholarly work, but by scribes seeking to please a
>King's Commission. Not invalid, just not research material.
> >
> > niccolo difrancesco
> > (Deway version ain't tops either . . . )

A good choice for research is the Oxford Annotated Bible, one of which I gots
if someone can fill me in on exactly what needs looking up.  I seem to have
missed the origin of this thread.   Alternatively, if the person making the
orginal request has access to a university library, they probably have a copy
of the OAB in the reference section.

Bonne