[Sca-cooks] Medieval Iron Chef

George & Lynn Dimock gdimock at HiWaay.net
Sat Jul 7 15:21:10 PDT 2001

Yes, it would certainly be possible.  My household (Clann O'Choda) recently
did exactly that.  I regret that I was unable to attend, but understand that
it went quite well.  The biggest problem everyone had was trying to decide
among a number of excellent dishes.

You probably could do it wherever you wanted to. Although  such a event
appears ideal for something big such as Pennsic, Lillies, or Estrella,
what's to stop you from doing it at a local event?  A long time ago my
barony discussed having a "dueling chefs event".  Two or three chefs, each
with their own staff, cook a feast.  Each remove is prepared by a different
chef.  The guests (who don't know who cooked which remove) vote on the
remove they liked best.  We never did it because of the logistics, but what
a feast that would be!

Pierre