[Sca-cooks] Sparkler inferno (OT, obviously).

Ruth Frey ruthf at uidaho.edu
Thu Jul 12 09:56:41 PDT 2001

	Edward Long-hair wrote:
> > That photo is from SPARKLERS?!?!?
>
> Absolutely. There's a lot of energy in 300 sparklers.

	Some days it's nice to know that it's not just
Americans that are nuts . . . I'm halfway tempted to
forward the URL to the Archduke, since it looks like
something he'd try.  On the other hand, I'm tempted
*not* to forward it to him, since it looks like
something he'd try . . .
	FWIW, one of the Archduke's fave firework
tricks is to get a "Whistling Pete" fountain,
crimp it halfway down with a pair of pliers, and
light it up.  They're supposed to make wonderful
little black-powder bombs.  More proof that "safe
and sane" fireworks are frequently neither.

		-- Ruth