[Sca-cooks] travelling to war

Jennifer Thompson JenniferT at ptb.com
Wed Jul 18 09:27:06 PDT 2001

I'm not sure what the difference is -  we were a small shire, probably what
could be considered a household these days, but we schlepped 8 folks, with
armor, tents and assorted accoutrements from Graywood to the first Outlands
War.

One van, the owner drove most of the way, left at dusk, arrived about an
hour after dawn; some slept, we pulled out the bardic book and sang
everything we knew the tune to and made up tunes for some, had the first
(and last) Grand Trivial Pursuit Championship and had quite a lot of fun
freaking the mundanes at a convenience store somewhere in West Texas pre-
dawn. Rolled into camp about twelve hours after setting out.

Gwyneth can help out on details I've forgotten, but I know it can be done.
Again, though, we were a small and tight knit group at the time. Maybe a
household can make a joint trip, but not a larger group?

>  I had a big old Chevy van ... I would haul stuff up there if folks would
help pay a share of my gas money.  Not one single