[Sca-cooks] Gyro? Hero?

Barbara Nostrand nostrand at acm.org
Mon Jul 23 06:29:09 PDT 2001

Noble Cousins!

Greetings from Solveig!

Lord Alban's standard #1 would make me violently ill while #2
probably simply makes me turn up my nose. Sandwiches can be a
bit personal.

Let's see. I'm not normally into sandwiches that much, but there
are sandwich like things that I have been known to enjoy.

Sandwich #1. Broiled lamb in pita bread.

Sandwich #2. These wonderful sandwichoids I recently encountered
in Toronto with smoked fish! YUM. As I recall, the bread is rolled
up.

While in elementary school, I had fights with my mother on the
subject of mayonaise. I eventually got her to leave the mayonaise
and celery out of my tuna fish sandwiches.

As for jam sandwiches. I prefere blackberry or boysenberry jam.
No peanut butter should even touch the jam spreader as it will
make me violently ill.

What I really like is a bit of smoked fish, some cheese, and
a hunk of unsliced dark bread. All separate. Thankyou very much.

Now for my classic really really prefered lunch. I very much
like the obento that we had at Shinkoh, Ltd. One box of rice,
one box of assorted okazu, and a bow of soup. All nice and warm.
Wonderful stuff! One special days we might have sekihan or
kurigohan. YUM!

				Your Humble Servant
				Solveig Throndardottir
				Amateur Scholar