[Sca-cooks] What is a 'Latwerge'

Cindy M. Renfrow cindy at thousandeggs.com
Mon Jul 2 05:20:21 PDT 2001

I believe the use of 'latwerge' was meant to indicate the similarity of the
consistency of the final product to that of a true latwerge, since it is
supposed to come out "*as* a latwergen". But I am speculating based on
little information. Does anyone have a better dictionary that gives word
history?

By 'luft', do you mean a drying cabinet? (A free-standing ventilated
cabinet (schrank) with cloth 'shelves', that sometimes has a stove to warm
the cabinet.)

 Regards,

Cindy

<snip>