[Sca-cooks] HEB Supermarkets

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Tue Jul 3 09:13:22 PDT 2001

Jennifer Thompson replied to me with:
> Nope, Stefan, not HEB. HEB's reach extends north to Waxahachie, Ennis and
> Cleburne, but so far that's it. Though they are discussing opening in Ft.
> Worth and Dallas soon.
>
> And FYI, they are based and started in San Antonio, not Austin. All the rest
> of your comment is dead on, though, bright clean stores, stocked with
> specialty items (the meat department, too) and good quality private label
> stuff, too. 8-) And they are growing by leaps and bounds.

Actually I was referring to the Central Markets. The first one opened
in north Austin, the second in South Austin (somewhat closer to me)
and then the others.

While the regular HEBs are good and the one a mile and a half from
home is my main grocery store, the Central Markets are much better
for the various specialty things that seem to show up in doing
medieval food recipes. Maybe it is good thing that the closest
Central Market is so far from me that I can't easily just drop by,
because I always spend more than I originally intend to when I
go there.

Stefan li Rous