[Sca-cooks] Happy 4TH Of July!

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Thu Jul 5 04:04:39 PDT 2001

> Subject: [Sca-cooks] Happy 4TH Of July!
>
> Happy Independence DAY to all in America, For our Canadian Friends belated
> Dominion Day. Have a Safe and happy Fourth of July.
>
> Thorbjorn
> Mike

	I hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th.  I spent the day running an event
for my workplace.  (Large health food store.)  We set up our loading dock as
a stage, cordonned off the area in front of it, brought out our pavillions
(sans canvas) and gave away plates of grilled veggie burgers, tofu dogs,
slaw, chips, fruit leathers, and lemon zinger tea.  It is so strange running
an event for a mundane audience, especially when a bunch of SCA folks are
there and keep coming up volunteering to help, while my employees are
sitting on thier thumbs!  (Thank god for my household, even in mundane
situations!)  My lord was a 'willing volunteer' throughout the day, grilling
veggie burgers and tofu pups on his grill.  We had two different bands
(Peach Curry, the Middle Eastern band I sing with was one), a speech from
our GM, raffles, LOTS OF RAIN, and a good crowd of people.  It all went
really well, with the band playing during a downpour, and folks huddled
under our pavillions waiting for food and listening to music, it was pretty
amazing.  All except for one comment over the amp of "Will Mistress
Christianna MacGrain please come to the stage?", to which I thought "Great.
Now I am going to have to explain to my co-workers and our members that no,
I'm not a dominatrix..."  But yes, I am basically a professional Pelican for
my job.  :)
	I missed out completely on fireworks, though, Atlanta was getting some
pretty serious weather around about dark, and even though I tried a couple
of locations to see them from, I was tired and had already been soaked
through once during the day, so I just heard the Boom Boom Boom from home
without the lightshow (except for some pretty spectacular lightning).  Ah,
well, I guess I can plug in my video tape from the Y2K celebration and watch
the Eifel Tower get lit up with fireworks, and that should do me until the
weather clears enough to go out and blow up some small ordinance myself.
	I hope everyone else's celebrations were safe and fun, and that you did
lots of fun food things. (A few years ago I bought one of those jello molds
in the shape of the lower 48, and made a three-tier mold of red, white, and
blue, does that count as a subtletie?)
	Christianna
	born and now dog-tired in the USA