[Sca-cooks] Happy 4TH Of July!

Daniel Phelps phelpsd at gate.net
Fri Jul 6 08:46:26 PDT 2001

Was written:

>> And then, of course, there is at least one member of this list (who
>> shall remain nameless) who is, I hear, fond of filling plastic leaf bags
>> with oxy-acetylene and lighting them ;  )
>>
>> Adamantius
>> --
>
>add a little hydrogen from the 'other' welding tank, add a log fuse
>firecracker to the tie string and let it float away.  UFO's and Swamp Gas
>revisited.... Ahh, an "incident" back in Exeter, NH [StoneMarche],    Ru

The following recipe is purely for reference, don't try this in your kitchen
at home or anywhere currently under a fire ban.

For really good effect put two to four cups magnesium filing into a smallish
weather balloon.   Fill the balloon with hydrogen.  Tape an M-80 with a
cigarette fuse to the balloon and let it go.   Ballon floats off into the
sky, the cigarette burns down to the filter where in you have stuffed the
firecracker's fuse.  Nice boom, fireball and rain of sparkles.

Daniel Raoul