[Sca-cooks] Medieval Iron Chef

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Mon Jul 9 05:52:48 PDT 2001

In a message dated 7/7/2001 1:05:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
wpmay at hotmail.com writes:

> Would an "Iron chef" style "cook-off" be feasable
>    done with period foods and ingredients?
>     What do you think the results would be?

They've been done, and to my understanding they've been quite successful.  I
don't know from personal experience because I refuse on principal to attend
or participate in one.  I prefer my event activities to be based more on
period activities and less on modern televison game shows, and prefer not to
encourage the television game show motif by attending it.  Voting with my
feet, in other words.

Brangwayna Morgan