[Sca-cooks] Medieval Iron Chef

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 9 08:19:22 PDT 2001

Brangwayna Morgan objected:

> don't know from personal experience because I refuse on principal to attend
> or participate in one.  I prefer my event activities to be based more on
> period activities and less on modern televison game shows, and prefer not to
> encourage the television game show motif by attending it.  Voting with my
> feet, in other words.

You are entitled to your opinion of course.  Our version has cut back on a lot
of the modernistic glitter, smoke machines, bells and whistles and limit the
supplies to period ingredients as much as possible.  So far, we have found it a
dynamic and fun way to introduce culinary art to the populace by taking it out
from behind the closed kitchen door and make it at least as exciting and
appealing as the clash of rattan.  Our warriors battle with LIVE steel!

Selene