[Sca-cooks] Medieval Iron Chef

Debra Hense DHense at ifmc.org
Mon Jul 9 08:28:30 PDT 2001

   Would an "Iron chef" style "cook-off" be feasable
   done with period foods and ingredients?
    What do you think the results would be?
    Where could such a thing be Held ?
    What rules or guidelines could be used?

     Hopefully I am not traveling over already trodden
   ground.

        Aethelwulf

Check out this site.  It is our event report for the Ironchef competition we held.  It even has photos up on it now.  All four teams turned in wonderful dishes based on period recipes.  We restricted them to 14th English (to go with the event theme.)
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/4756/ironchef.htm

Check out this site for our guild rules regarding guild-sponsored iron-chef competitions.

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/4756/compruls.htm

Kateryn de Develyn